So what is ‘The Art of Living Well’? There are many factors that make up whole and vital living. For many people in our society some of the key components are left out or just so darn confusing that they allow the media to guide them and their families’ healthcare blindly into a state of NON-HEALTH. The current state of health in our society is frightening. Did you know that our children are the first generation of kids who are predicted NOT to outlive their parents! Why is this?!?! It is not for lack of money spent on healthcare. (The U. S. spends the most per person, and is the 37th worst in world health!!!) It is not for lack of available nutrients. (60% of all adults in the U. S. are obese and 50% of those are morbidly obese!) The underlying issue is that our society just does not know how to Live Well, and they have allowed lobbyist groups and industries to make their healthcare decisions. So far this is not working!
How can we change this?
‘The Art of Living Well’ will teach you simple and useful foundations that you can solidly place in your life. These core principals of health and vitality will give you the tools to make you and your family the healthiest and most vital possible. These foundations are intended to be shared and taught to anyone and everyone that you care about. There is one thing…. It is you who must implement the changes in your life; but the payoff is huge! Now you will be able to use the money that you save in healthcare to take that vacation that you have been dreaming about or set up a fantastic retirement fund, instead of supporting quasi healthcare companies and pharmaceutical research. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
What is First?
The single most important factor to ‘The Art of Living Well’ is that it is absolutely necessary to have your body’s electrical communication system working well.
- The human body is a self-healing organism.
- The Nervous System is the master system of the body.
- Any interference with the nervous system disrupts this self-healing capacity.
- Chiropractors correct this interference called the Subluxation.
What is Next?
- Eat Well – Find local sources of clean and wholesome foods. When you support small local farms and food artisans, you put your money and energy into a positive symbiotic cycle. This allows you to get higher quality nourishment grown in local dirt while supporting your community. It also reduces your carbon-footprint which is always a good idea. A good rule of thumb is, if you have ever seen it advertised, don’t eat it! Food that has an advertising budget has to try to trick you into eating it instead of just appealing to your natural senses, like a shiny red apple. Processed foods are fractured in their ability to serve your body. So start eating real food grown organically.
- Move Well – Adaptation is the key to longevity. When you move your body in different ways, (Not just from the sofa, to the office chair, to the bed!) You increase your body’s ability to adapt to everything, stress included. Movement is key to your survival. The various ways that you can express your gift of motion can be explored in anything from yoga to ballroom dancing. Find whatever it is that makes you joyful and do it! Or just simply walk around the block! Whatever you do, do it now, and make it a regular ritual. Show your body how thankful you are to have the capacity of movement. When you exercise you reduce your stress hormones and increase your natural immunity, These are two key points to longevity and vitality.
- Think Well – Humans have been given the greatest gift of all, the ability to imagine and wonder. The learning capacity of the human brain truly has no boundaries. If we decide that we want learn about or create anything, we can! The power of Intentional Thought is more powerful than most of us know. When we continuously think about anything, we manifest whatever we think about in our life. So if you are thinking about stressful things, you get more stressful things. (Or at least it seems like it because that is all that you are focused on.) And if you are concentrating on happy and abundant thoughts, then you create more happy and abundant events in your life. Try It! I think that you will like what you create. Try to meditate, pray or at least sit quietly and think only good thoughts for at least 10-15 minutes daily.
What Else is There?
The Art of Living Well, is just what it sounds like it is a complete way of living with finesse and intention. When you take your body and really give it what it needs to thrive then you will have a more comfortable and higher quality of life. There are many additional steps that you can take to bring your health to the next level, here are a few that we feel are necessary.
- Massage – In our practices we include massage as part of our protocol to help your body come back to balance and to start holding its alignment. It is necessary to help your muscular system rebalance and release stored toxins. You work and play hard, it is vital to help your body repair itself just as intensely.
- Sleep – Our bodies do most of their repair when we are resting. The replacement of cells is fast and effective when we sleep. Most people need anywhere from 6-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It is important to have a supportive bed and pillow that helps to keep your spine and body in a nice neutral position.
- Dense Nutrients – There are a few nutrients that are absolutely vital to add to everyones diet. Some of the most important are Omega 3s, Whole Food Vitamins, GreensFirst, Body Balance, and when you are making choices about nourishment, think about what you want to build your body with. We carry all of these products in both of our offices. For us we choose very clean, high quality food. Does it cost a bit more? Yes; but the healthcare costs later on more than make up for it!
- Water – Most of our body is made of water. Anywhere from 60%-80% of your body consists of water. Age, health, activity and neurological clarity all have a part in how much water you hold in your cells. The best way to make sure that you are getting enough water for your body is to take Your Body Weight in lbs. take 1/2 of that number. That is the amount of ounces of water that you need to drink in a day. If you sweat increase it. Caffeine and medicines reduce your body’s hydration so drink even more. When your body has enough moisture all of its metabolic functions are easy and smooth.
- Many More – These are just a few important topics. Yes, there are many more things that you can do to raise your health and vitality to the next level. All you have to do is start a change and see how great you can be!
Pingback: Life Without Fear…. | Coastal Chiropractic