One of my favorite things to do is create recipes that will allow my body to create more clean energy and accelerate recovery naturally. Yesterday I was sitting doing research on spirulina because it happens to be a fascinating super food and one of my favorites. For decades we have put it in smoothies and taken supplements that have spirulina in them because of the incredible health benefits. Here is a short list of a few things that it helps:
- Boosts energy
- Helps allergy symptoms
- Improves strength & endurance
- Reduces cholesterol
- Protects against cancer
- High in protein
- Reduces blood sugar
- Looks cool in a clear bottle (ha! That’s legit did you see that color?!?)
- Improves gut health
- Prevents heart diseases
- Boosts metabolism
- Helps lose weight
- Powerful Antioxidant
- Powerful anti inflammatory
Well dang, that’s quite a list! Back to my needs from yesterday…. I was feeling a little sluggish and was dreaming about spirulina. So I thought about hydration, energy, superfoods & adding Vitality essential oils to amplify any and all affects to my body. Here is what came out of my kitchen. I want to warn you that getting hydrated and consuming superfoods may make you prettier and give you more energy than you are used to. You also might feel better and function better than you previously have. So therefore you might get hooked on that feeling.
Here is to feeling amazing and getting incredible things done in your world. Cheers✨
- One clear recycled bottle (or a stainless travel bottle at least 25 oz) I used an empty Ningxia bottle because they are beautiful & I can see that incredible blue color.
- 2-3 grains Himalayan or REAL salt (large grain size) this is the ELECTROLYTES
- 1/8 tsp Blue Majik spirulina (you can use any blue-green spirulina (here is my favorite) but the Blue Majik is kinda special & that color is swoon worthy. We found it a few years ago & I love using it to increase health and to color my cooking naturally.)
- 1 tsp Sulfurzyme powder (look up what MSM does for a human… it’s great for dogs too)
- Your choice of Vitality Oils … (grab your account here) I used (grapefruit, lemon, & spearmint) grapefruit is a great metabolism boost, lemon is a great detox & spearmint creates incredible natural energy)
- Fill the rest of the bottle with water & drink it like a boss. (We use reverse osmosis)
Some other suggested Vitality oil combos are (lemon-lime….. orange-grapefruit-jade lemon….. peppermint-lemon…… lavender-lemon-peppermint…… cinnamon-orange….really the options are endless depending on what your favorite flavors are and what Vitality oils you have.) Young Living is the only company that has a designated Vitality line & that I trust to bring into my home and kitchen.
Hydration is a continuous deep necessity of your human body & the better you get at making it and your body a priority the better you will feel.
Here are a few things that being well hydrated will do for you:
- Maximize performance
- Increases energy
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Improves brain function
- Prevents headaches
- Regulates bowels
- Improves gut health
- Reduces inflammation in joints
- Helps weight loss
- Removes waste
- Lubricates joints
- Improves skin and reduces wrinkles
- Reduces hunger
Whew…. that is not a complete list by far but obviously you can see that it’s a pretty great thing to be well moisturized right?
So there you have it. If you didn’t know already most sports drinks are filled with sugar, totally toxic food additives, food coloring and a slew of really gross ingredients. Most sports drinks quite frankly do not impart anything other than iodized table salt and water to your kids. You and your family deserve so much better than that. Now you can just easily mix up a better sports drink filled with really good ingredients that actually impart health, energy and faster recovery.
ps…. if you like this recipe share it with your friends & check out my other recipes. I’m always cooking up something wonderful in the kitchen & I always share new and great ways to get healthier. All my recipes are gluten free and high energy.