OK… So YUM! I have just created the perfect summer salad. Fresh, local, organic and just brimming with energy. I often get a white bean salad from Teddy’s Health Market. They carry it from a local restaurant named The Mayflower Cafe. (Their eggplant spread is soooo good.) This is my inspired creation…. And it is delicious!
White Bean Salad
- 3 cups of Cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup parsley ( garden grown and fresh as you get!)
- green onion (about 2-3 just the greens sliced well)
- 1-1 1/2 cup sliced artichoke hearts
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 white balsamic vinegar (or a bit more)
- 1/2-3/4 lemon juice (depends on the lemon :))
- a few pinches of Himalayan salt
- 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic
- I would have added a tomato seeded and chopped but had none
- Easy peasy… Add all ingredients to a bowl of your choice and allow to merry…… EAT! & ENJOY!
Love & Fresh Veggies – Dr. C