I’ve been kind of obsessed with making my Ningxia Palmers ever since the beginning of summer this year. I probably drink at least two a day. But to make them I have just been buying organic lemonade at the store and putting it in glass bottles in the fridge to keep it cool and ready to go.
I was out of lemonade the other day, but had a huge bag of lemons and necessity being the mother of invention I got to making my own. But I was not feeling like making the simple syrup. So I thought about using maple syrup and shook that off because maple can take over a recipe sometimes. Then I remembered that I kinda hoard Ningxia Berry Syrup. I looked at the ingredients and thought it looked kinda perfect and super easy at the same time.
So I tinkered with the amounts and this is what I came up with. The color is absolutely perfect for lavender lemonade as well which is just a drop of lavender Vitality oil added to the basic recipe.
Basic Homemade Lemonade
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice (always organic)
- 4-6 T Ningxia Berry Syrup (here)
- 2 drops lemon Vitality essential oil
- 1 drop lavender Vitality eo (optional)
- Fill the rest of a 25 oz glass bottle with filtered water and chill
If you don’t have the Ningxia Berry Syrup here is the simple syrup recipe I make for my bees. To make the color purple you can add dried blueberries and dried organic wolfberries while the sugar is melting.
Basic Simple Syrup
- 1 c organic sugar
- 1 c filtered water
- Place in a pan over low heat until the sugar is dissolved
Here is my Ningxia Palmer recipe also. The combination of Ningxia, Slique tea (get here) and homemade lemonade is literally the nectar of the Gods. Anytime that you can get all your antioxidants for the day, frankincense resin, jade oolong tea and lemonade you are pretty much living your best life in my opinion.
- 1/3 lemonade
- 2-3 oz Ningxia
- One Slique teabag
- Fill cup with ice & top off with filtered water. I don’t even brew the tea, just let it cold brew on the go in my favorite stainless Starbucks cup. I also use a silicone straw because the straws that come with those cups are kinda sketchy.
Tell me what you think.